Sunday 13 March 2011

Dpeee - The Zodiac : Cosmic Sounds



Sorry to have been absent for a while people. I'm thinking I won't put up many posts in March, I'll be gathering my ammo, and tending to my life from month to month (which is quite important) so don't be surprised if the rate of my posts severely fluctuates during the course of the year. And speaking of space and time...

Cosmic Sounds is a lush broken hip-hop medley with a celestial star sign theme running throughout. You guessed it, there's twelve tracks on the album and they are each assigned to a symbol of the zodiac. Based on and heavily sampled from the 1967 psychedelic rock album with the same title, released on Elektra Records, Dpeee makes great use of the eerie vocal samples and other mystical sounds heard on the original. So sit back, relax and absorb the sounds of the multi-verse.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment